Secondary Breast Augmentation
A secondary breast augmentation also known as a breast implant replacement or revision is a procedure to remove or replace your existing implants and make adjustments to the size and shape of your breasts.
Dr Sofiane Rimouche is a specialist in secondary breast augmentation, with extensive training and experience, please be aware that Implant replacement or revision surgery is more challenging than primary a breast augmentation. Dr Sof will discuss the procedure in full with you during you’re consultation and answer any questions you may have.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Following your initial surgery you should have been advised, that your breast implants aren’t designed to last forever and eventually they would need to be replaced.
Whilst implants do not have a specific lifespan, the average timeframe for replacement is around 10 years. It is important to remember that although you may not have experienced any issues, it is still highly recommended you have your implants checked by a plastic surgeon around 10 years after your initial surgery.
It is not necessary for you to return to your original surgeon for a replacement or revision. Your surgery can be performed by any qualified plastic surgeon, however, we recommended seeking out a surgeon who has specific experience in the areas of replacement or revision due to the increased complexity or the procedure.
Dr Sof is a specialist in secondary breast surgery and will discuss all options available to you durning your initial consultation.
Although everyone’s different, here’s a rough guide to recovery after your surgery:
- Same day or next day – you’ll be able to leave hospital and should take one to two weeks off work
- One to two weeks – stitches removed unless they’ve dissolved
- One to two weeks – may be able to drive (check with your car insurance company)
- One to two weeks – back to work, depending on your job
- Six weeks – back to normal activities, including exercise
- Six to 12 weeks – your breasts will start to look and feel more natural
- Up to 12 weeks – wear a support bra for 24 hours a day
- Up to one year – keep your breast scars out of direct sunlight
Book A Consultation
Please contact us to book your consultation, you can visit us at a number of clinics across the Northwest.
Dr Sof will discuss the procedure with you in full answer any questions you may have