Fat Transfer to Face
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Fat transfer to face is a minimally invasive treatment that’s used to rejuvenate areas of the face. Liposuction is used to remove fat cells from the donor area – usually the stomach or thighs. Then they’re cleansed, processed and injected into the face.
The procedure will take around 1 – 2 hours, you will either be treated as a Daycase or you may need to spend the night, Dr Sof will discuss this with you at your consultation
- To protect your body, and get the best result, look after yourself.
- Avoid vigorous activities after your operation.
- Protect your wounds as you are told to.
- Putting on weight or being pregnant will affect the results.
- Maintain a healthy weight and level of exercise.
At first your face and neck skin may seem too tight. This usually settles down within six weeks of the operation. Most patients are pleased with the final result, but some find their new shape difficult to get used to. This may happen to you. You cannot judge the final result of your facelift or necklift for about six to nine months. Even if the operation is a success, you may need another operation in the future to have the skin tightened again.